Shreveport, LA – Prize Fest 2023 is in full swing, and the culinary scene in Shreveport is sizzling as top chefs take the stage at the Food Prize competition. This event, part of the larger Prize Fest, is now in its second weekend and stands as one of the city’s most prominent festivals.
The driving force behind this culinary extravaganza, Gregory Kallenberg, the founder of Prize Fest, believes in the power of this event to elevate Shreveport to a culinary capital. He emphasizes the unique national opportunity it provides for chefs to showcase their skills in front of esteemed judges and influential figures in the food industry.
Six talented chefs are vying for the coveted Golden Fork Award, each playing a part in enriching the culinary arts community of the ArkLaTex region. Kallenberg’s vision is clear – to demonstrate that Shreveport, Louisiana, is home to some of the finest cuisine in the United States.
Let’s meet the six chefs who are competing:
- Megan Chavez – The owner of Prepped Up Meals, known for her commitment to healthy food and her creative approach to spicing up dishes.
- Anthony Felan – As the owner and executive chef of Fat Calf Brasserie, Felan, a Le Cordon Bleu graduate, infuses his culinary creations with a French touch, focusing on farm-fresh, slow food concepts.
- Ryan Gillespie – Currently an instructor of future chefs at the Bossier Parish School for Technology and Innovative Learning, Gillespie boasts over two decades of culinary experience, including stints in Las Vegas and various casinos.
- Hardette Harris – The owner of Us Up North, Harris has earned fame for crafting the official meal of North Louisiana, offering an authentic taste of the rural American South.
- John Strand – Retired from his U.S. Army chef career, Strand now operates Accents Personal Chef Service, delivering personalized fine dining experiences.
- Dylan Teekell – Serving as co-chef at Ghost Ramen alongside Chef Jon Ortiz, Teekell has gained recognition for their innovative ramen offerings.
If you missed out on the sold-out Food Prize event, there’s still a chance to savor the culinary delights of these celebrity chefs. Join us in downtown Shreveport this Saturday, right in front of the Remington Hotel on Travis Street.